What would we do without sales? Sales Tips
As small business owners, we need sales to keep our doors open, pay the bills and survive? Right? It’s been said a million times before, but sales are the lifeblood of any small business. But, how can we improve our sales? Here are some tips to keep in mind when selling your services or goods.
- Don’t act desperate to make a sale and definitely - don’t beg. Why, because the experts advise that desperate salespersons might be less effective and maybe not honest.
- Keep your prices where they need to be, giving discounts is not a habit for a sales professional to get into as customers may think that discounts means cheap, inadequate, inferior or maybe even defective.
- Research your potential client and know about their industry and their needs – also know if you are speaking to the right person in the organization. Be an expert, someone that your client can rely on and needs.
Sales team or salesperson tips
- Train your salespersons. Sure, they may be the best salesperson, but train them about your product, service, and industry. Small business owners have so much time on their hands – just kidding, we know you are busy! However, if you have the time, develop a training plan so that new salespersons are trained and knowledgeable about the same important points that make your business important to your client.
- Motivate your team. Wow, for a small business owner with limited resources, this may be hard because you can’t afford lavish incentives like free trips and huge bonuses. But, small business owners can give extra time off, gift cards and recognition of goals met.
- Increase your sales with relationship selling. This is not a new concept for sure, but it does work for many organizations. By building a one-on-one relationship with your clients, you know their challenges and do your best to meet their needs.
Last point: presentations!
- Know your presentation like you know your cellphone number or your address (really well!).
- Don’t be boring, make your presentation exciting, present with enthusiasm for your product or service.
- Don’t guess if you don’t know the answer to a question because your credibility is on the line (and maybe your reputation). But, answer questions clearly and directly. If you don't know, get back to them with an answer.
- Humor. In many situations, humor can be a wonderful way to start a presentation, but know your audience – a funny story can go far.
There are so many articles about increasing your sales for all types of businesses, that being said, we hope you found some useful information in our list as well.
FL-Accounting & Advisers offers consulting for your accounting needs.
Contact our firm for a complimentary consultation to discuss the details of your business. Our clients range from medium-sized companies to entrepreneurs! We offer you a peace of mind by providing you with customized accounting services in our Boutique Accounting Company. We are bilingual and offer services in English and Spanish.
Here's to your success!
CEO, FL-Accounting & Advisers, LLC.